Sunday, April 3, 2011

Monday Musing- Find the Future at NYPL

I love libraries! I vividly remember my dad calling me away from the playground swings into the library(hmm this may be quite representative of the rest of my childhood--just kidding! I had time for both! Still do! :) ) to sign up for a library card when I was 5 yrs old. I loved the summer reading program prizes, chatting up librarians, and even joined San Francisco's public library teen council.

I'm in NYC now so I use the NYPL branch near Grand Central. It is really easy for me to drop by during lunch to grab a book that's arrived on reserve. I'm not the only one who has made the library a life-long habit. The lines to check out books during the lunch hour are usually at least 5 people deep (thank goodness for self-check out!).

So here is the link to a pretty awesome, National Treasure-esque game that the NYPL has set up.
This is their description of the Find the Future game.
"It is the first game in the world in which winning the game means writing a book together – a collection of 100 ways to make history and change the future, inspired by 100 of the most intriguing works of the past."


Whoa! The chance to stay overnight in the library and write a book together with 100 other library nerds and also explore the underground stacks of books in a iconic NYPL branch?! How can I sign up?!

I just have to complete this daunting statement below

"By the year 2021, I will be the first person to..."
140 characters only. I assume this is so they can tweet some of our answers.

I'll post my answer on April 21st but hopefully you might also decide to try and play the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment