Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Project We Believe

In honor of Women Wednesdays, I'm featuring Project We Believe which is founded by two young women. Mahnoor Yawar (also a Smithie) , one of the co-founders, first told me about the project a few months ago.

I've been impressed by both the idea and the execution of Project We Believe. Participating is easy-- you send in a photo and a quote that inspires you and promotes tolerance. They have also recently started their "Celebrating Women Everyday" video series which features women and the various reasons they like being themselves.

I find their mission statement interesting because they say that they are more than just a movement. Since many organizations aren't even close to becoming a movement I was very intrigued by what else they aspire to be. They write that participants are also taking a "pledge of defiance against the extremists, the dictators, the fear-mongers, the assassins".

I love the simplicity and the scope of Project We Believe and hope you check it out too!


1 comment: